Thursday 11 June 2015

What School has taught me.

So my school experience is coming to an end and to be honest it still hasn't kicked in yet that im leaving after 5 years surrounded by the same people they are about to leave my side and venture of into the world into their own dreams and aspirations I find this quite sad and daunting but im happy for them and good luck. 
I still remember my first day as if it was yesterday, and although when I look in the mirror and feel as though I haven't changed I look back at all that i have accomplished and achieved and im quite proud of the person that I am developing into. 

Over the 5 years despite learning what I needed to know for my GCSES I have also learnt so many life skills which I know will only benefit me later on in life. I enjoyed high school, although it was full of arguments at times and every so often I would have a low point, i still look back and smile as I have met some amazing people who have taught me some unforgettable life lessons and made me smile on countless times. 
I think that one of the first lessons that I learnt in high school was probably the most important and that was that not everyone in the world will like you. I figured this out for myself, after a few arguments with different people I realized that the relationship you have with one person cant always be had with another, some people are just not meant to be but that's no one's fault that's just the way the world works. 

Another lesson I learnt was to be yourself! I know that its easier said then done but being yourself is the best way to survive and enjoy high school, you need to embrace all of your imperfections and weirdness. they separate you from the rest. Don't change because everyone else wants you to change, If you want to change then do it for yourself. Strive for authenticity , it will help you later on in life with relationships , work and just life in general. Think about how boring life would be if everyone liked and loved the same things and people. So my tip for you is to Embrace don't Chase. 

And lastly I learnt that all you need to do is try your best. You cant be amazing at everything, as long as you try and do you best no one can ever have a go at you or moan at you and when you think to yourself you can say well I tried my best! This is the way I have been getting through exams and revision, I've tried so hard with my exams and after each one I have sat I've walked out happy as I  have done my best, even though  this might not give me a pass, this is also all my family want me to do. My best. 

School has obviously taught me a lot of lessons about life and I  could go on for donkeys years about what its taught me and how its influenced me to be the person I am today but I think it maybe easier for you to learn yourself if you are younger than me, and if your older the question I ask to you is how did high school change you? Has it had a negative or positive impact on your life and if so how? 

I would love to hear your opinions, im going to leave a quote with you which I find inspiring and its basically about making the most out of every moment. Its from one of my favorite movies 'about time' which I deeply recommend to you. 


LOVE ALWAYS,













No comments:

Post a Comment